We believe that every person has the potential to be a super-hero, and they just need great stories that inspire them to begin unleashing their super powers. Our mission is to help creators share and monetize those stories and help users discover, listen and remember them.
Our platform provides the best listening experience and access to exclusive Spanish audio content from top local creators, in addition to 250K audiobooks. By simply putting on their headphones 15min a day, our app enables listeners to invest in their personal development whenever their hands are busy but their mind is free (e.g: working out, walking their dog, commuting). At the same time, creators make money every second someone listens to their content, so they are incentivized to keep providing our listeners with amazing content.
We’re starting with the 572 million hispanics in the world, with the goal to become the audio content marketplace for the entire 7.3 billion non-English speaking market underserved in local language content. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
- Beek team first — We are the kind of company where we clean everyone's dirty dishes even if they’re not ours, as if we were at home
- Be an animal — We’re passionate and hustle to find creative solutions to every problem and never give up. EVER.
- Unleash user potential — We care intensely about our users and seek to optimize for them whenever and wherever possible
- Tell great stories — We strive to tell the most compelling stories to inspire both our users and our teammates
- Be the best version of yourself — We do everything we can to empower ourselves and our teammates, in and outside of work
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Dev Lead for Publishers to join our team to help us expand our content library through partnerships, publishers, authors, and content providers.
You will identify and develop new partnerships, execute strategic plans to increase revenue, negotiate contracts, and analyze market trends to drive growth and engagement.
This key strategic position includes objectives such as sales growth, business expansion, new strategic partnerships, and increased profitability.
- Identify and develop new partnerships with publishers and other organizations to expand Beek’s content offerings.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans to drive revenue growth through publisher acquisition.
- Build and manage long-term relationships with current partners and key stakeholders, including publishers, authors, and agents.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with partners to expand our content library.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics to internal and external teams.
- Analyze market trends and identify opportunities for growth.
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, needs, and partner feedback to cross-functional teams to inform product roadmap and prioritization.
- Collaborate with Content, Product, and Finance teams to develop sales strategies and product offerings.
- Represent Beek at industry events and conferences.
You’re passionate about books & content and excited to join a quickly growing team and rapidly scaling company. You’re a natural leader who is energized by helping others succeed. For you, no challenge is too big or solution too small.
Experience, knowledge, and understanding:
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate of completion of studies.
- 3+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles.
- 5+ years of experience in business development, preferably in the content or publishing industry.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and driving business growth.
- Proven track record of identifying and developing successful partnerships.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in data-driven decision-making.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills, with the ability to collaborate in a dynamic team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices of the publishing industry.
- Work experience preferably in the tech industry inside product companies, content, educational, eCommerce, online advertising, and retail technology.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
What is is like to work at Beek?
Our benefits are designed to offer you the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally
- Unlimited vacation - We don’t believe in limiting vacation days, take as many as you need
- Fully remote work - You can work from wherever you like
- Totally flexible hours - You make your own schedule. We work asynchronously and don’t count the number of hours you work, but rather the progress you make
- Medical insurance - We know how important your health is, which is why we offer medical insurance to all our team
- Competitive salary - It grows as you grow
- Wellness and education stipends - You can use this to buy books and courses, pay for the gym, or purchase whatever you need to help you grow and take care of your mental and physical health
- Remote work stipend - We want to support your remote work and give you some money to set yourself up to be a productivity machine
A Y Combinator company, Beek has raised over $20M USD from top-tier Silicon Valley funds including Greylock and Accel, notable investors in Meta, Spotify, Slack, Dropbox, Etsy, and more. We’ve also secured investments from directors at Netflix and Disney+ as well as from founders of companies like Rappi.
Beek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate the multicultural and varied backgrounds of our team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, citizenship, ancestry, color, disability, marital status, or parental status. We believe that the more perspectives and voices we represent in our business, the better we will serve our audience and the more we will succeed.