We believe that every person has the potential to be a super-hero, and they just need great stories that inspire them to begin unleashing their super powers. Our mission is to help creators share and monetize those stories and help users discover, listen and remember them.
Our platform provides the best listening experience and access to exclusive Spanish audio content from top local creators, in addition to 250K audiobooks. By simply putting on their headphones 15 min a day, our app enables listeners to invest in their personal development whenever their hands are busy but their mind is free (e.g: working out, walking their dog, commuting). At the same time, creators make money every second someone listens to their content, so they are incentivized to keep providing our listeners with amazing content.
We’re starting with the 572 million hispanics in the world, with the goal to become the audio content marketplace for the entire 7.3 billion non-English speaking market underserved in local language content. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
- Beek team first — We are the kind of company where we clean everyone's dirty dishes even if they’re not ours, as if we were at home
- Be an animal — We’re passionate and hustle to find creative solutions to every problem and never give up. EVER.
- Unleash user potential — We care intensely about our users and seek to optimize for them whenever and wherever possible
- Tell great stories — We strive to tell the most compelling stories to inspire both our users and our teammates
- Be the best version of yourself — We do everything we can to empower ourselves and our teammates, in and outside of work
About your role
We are looking for a Content Executive interested in scouting, contacting, and becoming the first point of contact with content creators who will become the authors of Beek's original productions. This includes curating profiles, establishing trusted relationships, conceptualizing stories, and directing production in the studio.
The role of the Content Executive at Beek is in the Content & Growth area, which is responsible for producing and distributing the audio content that lives on the platform, as well as attracting and working with content creators in the development of original pieces.
You are responsible for attracting experts in topics such as business, entrepreneurship, technology, well-being, health, and self-help, among others, and encouraging them to create original content on Beek as authors. In this role, you will select creators, contact them, and empower them to write their first audiobook on the platform. Creators are a fundamental piece in creating original content on our platform, and you are the person who brings them closer and accompanies them throughout the creation process.
The role is fully remote.
- Curate, locate and negotiate with excellent Creators to create exclusive audio pieces for Beek that meet a high standard of quality, originality, consistency, and tone of voice according to Beek's mission.
- Identify new Creators’ opportunities and establish relationships with prospective creators by leading scouting and forecast creators’ pipeline.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with creators, understanding their needs and providing solutions to meet their content requirements.
- Conduct pitch presentations to Creators to share Beek’s content value proposition.
- Once the creators are on board, your mission is to guide them through the content creation process. We want you to be that friend who gives them confidence.
- Briefing other areas like writers, design and studio about the creator and the projects you are developing.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and execute creative launches that attract new users to Beek.
- Manage and update Creators’ information in our database.
- Achieve Creators’ targets and goals, and meet activation goals.
- Provide excellent customer service, responding to creators’ queries and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Create a culture with the creators in which they feel like ambassadors of Beek. We want every creator with content on the platform to feel like part of the family, and in this role, you will be their first point of contact.
- Coordinate and provide recording information to creators recording either at Beek Studios or remotely.
Experience and abilities:
- +3 or more years in the content and creator economy industry.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manage, Sales Representative or similar role
- You know about content creation or have experience being a content creator.
- You have experience in pipeline management and closing deals.
- You have the ability to speak and negotiate with people. You can present, communicate, and defend your ideas, but you also know how to receive feedback to create the best content.
- You have a lot of creativity to find and develop interesting stories. If you are that person who can generate a lot of ideas from a theme, we definitely want to hear them.
- You are able to land your ideas and develop them into an audio piece, from thinking of the concept to pre- and post-production.
- You are an organized person, and this is reflected in your projects, which you can carry out autonomously from start to finish.
- You are passionate about the world of audio, understand what people listen to, and know the importance of having creators who provide valuable content to their audiences. Our creators are people who connect, leave their mark, and empower their followers. We want to do it with them.
- You are not afraid to try different topics and learn when things don't go as expected.
- Proficiency in English (Do you speak another language? We'll be happy to meet you)
What is is like to work at Beek?
Our benefits are designed to offer you the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally
- Unlimited vacation - We don’t believe in limiting vacation days, take as many as you need
- Fully remote work - You can work from wherever you like
- Totally flexible hours - You make your own schedule. We work asynchronously and don’t count the number of hours you work, but rather the progress you make
- Medical insurance - We know how important your health is, which is why we offer medical insurance to all our team
- Competitive salary - It grows as you grow
- Wellness and education stipends - You can use this to buy books and courses, pay for the gym, or purchase whatever you need to help you grow and take care of your mental and physical health
- Remote work stipend - We want to support your remote work and give you some money to set yourself up to be a productivity machine
A Y Combinator company, Beek has raised over $20M USD from top-tier Silicon Valley funds including Greylock and Accel, notable investors in Meta, Spotify, Slack, Dropbox, Etsy, and more. We’ve also secured investments from directors at Netflix and Disney+ as well as from founders of companies like Rappi.
Beek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate the multicultural and varied backgrounds of our team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, citizenship, ancestry, color, disability, marital status, or parental status. We believe that the more perspectives and voices we represent in our business, the better we will serve our audience and the more we will succeed.