We believe that every person has the potential to be a super-hero, and they just need great stories that inspire them to begin unleashing their super powers. Our mission is to help creators share and monetize those stories and help users discover, listen and remember them.
Our platform provides the best listening experience and access to exclusive Spanish audio content from top local creators, in addition to 250K audiobooks. By simply putting on their headphones 15min a day, our app enables listeners to invest in their personal development whenever their hands are busy but their mind is free (e.g: working out, walking their dog, commuting). At the same time, creators make money every second someone listens to their content, so they are incentivized to keep providing our listeners with amazing content.
We’re starting with the 572 million hispanics in the world, with the goal to become the audio content marketplace for the entire 7.3 billion non-English speaking market underserved in local language content. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
- Beek team first — We are the kind of company where we clean everyone's dirty dishes even if they’re not ours, as if we were at home
- Be an animal — We’re passionate and hustle to find creative solutions to every problem and never give up. EVER.
- Unleash user potential — We care intensely about our users and seek to optimize for them whenever and wherever possible
- Tell great stories — We strive to tell the most compelling stories to inspire both our users and our teammates
- Be the best version of yourself — We do everything we can to empower ourselves and our teammates, in and outside of work
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Dev Lead to acquire and manage key accounts. We expect you to be aware of new market opportunities, possibilities for expansion, competitor developments, and the current sources of the company's revenue.
In this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound warm leads.
This is a key strategic position that include many objectives, such as sales growth, business expansion, the formation of strategic partnerships, and increased profitability. The role is fully remote.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the product educational content industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
- Engage with partners to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Beek app.
- Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers and business.
- Develop and drive partnership strategy in concert with Product, Business Operations, Marketing, Strategy & Planning, and Finance.
- Develop meaningful relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key performance metrics to internal and external teams.
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact core business objectives by applying creativity and business judgment.
- Provide insights and constructive solutions on improving businesses acquisition and retain and raise requirements to improve our level of service.
- Setting goals and developing plans for business and revenue growth.
- Researching, planning, and implementing new target market initiatives.
- Establish a business cadence, build and execute operational rigor around initiatives and pipeline management with internal and external collaborators.
- Understand and communicate market opportunities, needs and partner feedback to cross-functional teams to inform product roadmap and prioritization.
You’re passionate about people and excited to join a quickly growing team and rapidly scaling company. You’re a natural leader who is energized by helping others succeed. You know that company culture is just as important as strategy and growth. For you, no challenge is too big or solution too small.
Experience, knowledge, and understanding:
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate of completion of studies.
- 3+ years of experience in business development, strategic partnerships, partner management, or similar roles.
- Experience selling nascent products/services into new markets.
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills, with the ability to collaborate in a dynamic team.
- Work experience preferably in the tech industry inside product companies, content, educational, eCommerce, on-line advertising, and retail technology.
- Strong leadership skills in sales.
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in data-driven decision making.
- Independent and strong critical thinking.
- Mission-driven entrepreneurship and strong team spirit!.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Good customer service skills and a strong understanding of their company’s products and services.
- Strong project management skills, planning and prioritization skills, the ability to multitask and be adaptable.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value operationally based partnerships.
- Experience with strategic planning and sales.
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.
- Previous roles in a tech start-up.
What is is like to work at Beek?
Our benefits are designed to offer you the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally
- Unlimited vacation - We don’t believe in limiting vacation days, take as many as you need
- Fully remote work - You can work from wherever you like
- Totally flexible hours - You make your own schedule. We work asynchronously and don’t count the number of hours you work, but rather the progress you make
- Medical insurance - We know how important your health is, which is why we offer medical insurance to all our team
- Competitive salary - It grows as you grow
- Wellness and education stipends - You can use this to buy books and courses, pay for the gym, or purchase whatever you need to help you grow and take care of your mental and physical health
- Remote work stipend - We want to support your remote work and give you some money to set yourself up to be a productivity machine
A Y Combinator company, Beek has raised over $20M USD from top-tier Silicon Valley funds including Greylock and Accel, notable investors in Meta, Spotify, Slack, Dropbox, Etsy, and more. We’ve also secured investments from directors at Netflix and Disney+ as well as from founders of companies like Rappi.
Beek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate the multicultural and varied backgrounds of our team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, citizenship, ancestry, color, disability, marital status, or parental status. We believe that the more perspectives and voices we represent in our business, the better we will serve our audience and the more we will succeed.