We believe that every person has the potential to be a superhero, and they just need great stories that inspire them to begin unleashing their superpowers. Our mission is to help creators share and monetize those stories and help users discover, listen and remember them.
Our platform provides the best listening experience and access to exclusive Spanish audio content from top local creators, in addition to 250K audiobooks. By simply putting on their headphones 15min a day, our app enables listeners to invest in their personal development whenever their hands are busy, but their mind is free (e.g.: working out, walking their dog, commuting). At the same time, creators make money every second someone listens to their content, so they are incentivized to keep providing our listeners with amazing content.
We’re starting with the 572 million Hispanics in the world, with the goal to become the audio content marketplace for the entire 7.3 billion non-English speaking market underserved in local language content. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
- Beek team first — We are the kind of company where we clean everyone's dirty dishes even if they’re not ours as if we were at home
- Be an animal — We’re passionate and hustle to find creative solutions to every problem and never give up. EVER.
- Unleash user potential — We care intensely about our users and seek to optimize for them whenever and wherever possible
- Tell great stories — We strive to tell the most compelling stories to inspire both our users and our teammates
- Be the best version of yourself — We do everything we can to empower ourselves and our teammates, in and outside of work
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Business Strategy Leader to join our growing team. You will be in charge of company resource allocation and mid-term and long-term planning as well as providing industry analysis and operational recommendations for the entire company.
In this role, you will work with leadership to develop and guide the strategic direction of the company. You will collaborate closely with product, marketing, content, partnerships, insights, and business teams across Beek to develop strategies and translate them into operational plans that balance the needs of creators, listeners, and Beek as a business.
- Stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
- Lead planning overall crafting appropriate OKRs with each function that roll up into compelling headline goals.
- In charge of the Company level OKR setting, OKR breakdown, tracking and analysis.
- Clarify problem statements to work on, build effective working hypotheses, and navigating through ambiguity.
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to define the long-term strategy in the company.
- Work on multi-year business plans, new business cases, and key central initiatives.
- Design operational execution and business generation initiatives, including metrics to understand and improve business performance (productivity) and programs to capture business growth ideas, while allowing Google to execute at scale.
- Communicate clear and compelling strategic narrative and build connections across the organization to translate narrative to execution.
- Lead on project-based work and strategic initiatives.
- Provide recommendations, based on analysis, experience, and communicate findings to leadership and influencing the organization to act on these findings.
- Conduct market research and industry analysis.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to craft the strategy and execution plan.
- Must be proactive with a drive to improve processes and resolve outstanding issues.
You're a curious, analytical and creative problem solver who enjoys immersing themselves in details as much as zooming out to think about the bigger picture. You’re a strong, compelling communicator and can build trust easily with cross-functional partners. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a high-impact team and work on bold, innovative projects that will shape the future of Beek and in the industry!
Experience, knowledge, and understanding:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a highly strategic and analytical role ideally at a technology company.
- Prior experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or similar role preferred.
- Bachelor in Economics, Engineering, Finance, etc. MBA is preferred
- Experience collaborating with management to create effective relationships, influence, and collaborate at all interpersonal levels and with cross-functional partners.
- Exceptional eye for business, problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills, with the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to drive discussions and presentations at all levels of the organization from executive stakeholders to team leads.
- Experience leading complex cross-functional initiatives and enjoy bridging the gap between strategy and implementation.
- Experience handling and leading team of hard-working strategists
- Bias towards action and are able to thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- Independent, self-starter, ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills.
- Solid business and finance analytical background.
- Solid deal experience/entrepreneurship experience preferred.
- Skills in data analytics and experience in data-driven operation management preferred.
- Mission-driven entrepreneurship and strong team spirit!
- Native or bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Previous roles in a tech start-up
- OKRs Tools already implemented.
What is is like to work at Beek?
Our benefits are designed to offer you the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally
- Unlimited vacation - We don’t believe in limiting vacation days, take as many as you need
- Fully remote work - You can work from wherever you like
- Totally flexible hours - You make your own schedule. We work asynchronously and don’t count the number of hours you work, but rather the progress you make
- Medical insurance - We know how important your health is, which is why we offer medical insurance to all our team
- Competitive salary - It grows as you grow
- Wellness and education stipends - You can use this to buy books and courses, pay for the gym, or purchase whatever you need to help you grow and take care of your mental and physical health
- Remote work stipend - We want to support your remote work and give you some money to set yourself up to be a productivity machine
A Y Combinator company, Beek has raised over $20M USD from top-tier Silicon Valley funds including Greylock and Accel, notable investors in Meta, Spotify, Slack, Dropbox, Etsy, and more. We’ve also secured investments from directors at Netflix and Disney+ as well as from founders of companies like Rappi.
Beek is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate the multicultural and varied backgrounds of our team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, citizenship, ancestry, color, disability, marital status, or parental status. We believe that the more perspectives and voices we represent in our business, the better we will serve our audience and the more we will succeed.